okay.zusammen leben/Advice Center for Migration and Integration (Austria)(www: http://www.okay-line.at)
Local Project: Libraries for All - Austria / Bibliotheken fĂĽr Alle - Ă–sterreich
The aims of the centre are:
- to make the Vorarlberg community aware of the significance of immigration and integration issues, and to consider the key questions relating to this matter,
- to run an information and advice centre on these inter-related themes - to develop, guide and support concrete integration measures for migrants in Vorarlberg,
- to involve the province in an international exchange of experiences and knowledge,
- to facilitate the networking of people and organizations involved in integration,
- to establish a platform for exchanging experiences, between the decision makers, public and organisations involved in integration in Vorarlberg.
Role of the organization in the project:
OKAY served as the applicant organisation. As the applicant organisation, it took on the responsibility for the coordination and management of the project. It was responsible for the expertise in knowledge and competences related to questions of integration and immigration in all phases of the project. The thorough knowledge of and involvement in regional integration activities and politics was an important prerequisite to bringing together the needs of immigrants, as the new target group, and public libraries, as important institutions of learning on the local and communal level.
okay.zusammen leben regional report[28.9.10]
The okay.zusammen leben/Advice Center for Migration and Integration presents its regional report of a project "Libraries for All". Document is available for download in English and German version.
Attachement: Regional Report Austria (English).pdf [323.6 kB, pdf]
Attachement: Regional Report Austria (German).pdf [322.8 kB, pdf]